Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Am Still Here

Hooray! I am still here. I woke up this morning! I have work to do! I have family history work to do!
I need to get more space on all my blogs so I can upload more photos.  Who likes a blog post without photos of some kind???


What are you currently doing in the very important area of Family History? Need help? have questions? Call me! 1-760-241-1420.  Or put a comment on this blog post. or call the familysearch hotline:
            1-866-406-1830

Here is what I personally am doing now and what I want to do, in the area of Family History:

1. I am currently going through all the names I already have on my new.familysearch.org ...the site that allows you to create and save your pedigrees and family groups on the church's main computers so you can access it from any computer in the world. This site is also how you submit names to the temple! There is no other way!

Just know your username and password. By the way, your username and password for new.familysearch.org should be as familiar to you as your own phone number!!! This username and password gets you into all the church sites, also, such as store.lds.org

2. I found out today that I did not have one uncle and one aunt sealed to their parents yet. Oh my!

I found out today that my daughter went to the Mesa AZ Temple today and did a random name given to her...she did not know that I had a female name that needed an endowment. It is best to do your own people! It makes you feel closer to them. I resolve keep in better touch with the temple attending plans of our daughters and sons. I resolve to email them with information regarding who I reserved but am willing to unreserve so they can reserve names under their own account and then do the work.

3. I am starting to go sideways on collateral lines and have had great success finding names (Thank you, 1930 and 1920 censuses). This means, for example, that of all my great aunts and uncles, I have the names of their spouses and can therefore find their parents and siblings names, dates and places .

4.  I want to make a website that tells everything I know about my ancestors. I would like to model it after this website:  http://famhistory1867.com/


5. Since my parents do not have a computer, I want to compile 2 books....one about my dad's ancestors, and one about my mother's ancestors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's my list: What is yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment